I realize I have only posted one food post since starting this blog, so after seeing this video I was inspired to post my version of New York’s Chopped Cheese.
My delicious recipe is below. You may notice that I do not give exact measurements. My goal is to force you to use common sense and “trial and error” in order to create the perfect recipe to your liking. You decide how much or how little of each ingredient you would like to use.
Spicy Ginger Cream Cheese Spread
Cream Cheese, softened
Minced Pickled Ginger/Gari Shoga
- Combine the above ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- If you think you need more ginger, add more.
If you want the cream cheese to be spicier after you taste it, then add more Jalapenos. It’s all up to you.
You may want to leave the cream cheese out of your fridge to allow it to soften, this will make mixing so much smoother.
French Bread or Texas Toast
Salt to taste
- Combine butter, garlic and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix these ingredients in the bowl until well combined.
- Spread this mixture on the french bread or toast and toast the bread.
Chorizo Ground Beef
Beef or Pork Chorizo
Ground Beef of Your Choice
Salt and Pepper
- Set your skillet at low heat and add chorizo.
- Cook chorizo until it melts and is fully cooked.
- While chorizo is cooking, place ground beef in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Once chorizo is fully cooked, add seasoned ground beef to the pan. Cook ground beef to your preference (rare, medium rare, medium, well, etc.).
Sunny Side Egg
Cheese Slices, Cheese of your Choice
Combine all of the above ingredients in any way you like to create your sandwich.
If you want your sliced cheese melted:
- You can wrap your sandwich in a paper towel, pop it in the microwave and heat it until the cheese is melted. Don’t leave it in the microwave for too long because the cheese will become an overheated mess.
- You can also wrap the sandwich in foil and pop it in the oven to heat the sandwich and melt the cheese. This my favorite method because the bread wont get soggy and will have a nice crispness.
I like to serve these delicious sandwiches with a side of French Fries, but of course you can create any sides you want.
Our Final Product: